Sunday, March 14, 2010

Ultimate Showdown On The Food Network Tonight With Sugarplum's Emily


What will happen tonight when Emily (famed for her Sugar Plum blog) competes for the big $25,000 prize on the season opener of Ultimate Recipe Showdown? Tonight's category is Comfort Food - the same one she competed in last year (and came oh, so close to winning).

This is what we know right now:

The 4 contestants have to make their “Signature Dish” plus another Speed-Round recipe. Emily will be making Buffalo Chicken Macaroni and Cheese, and her Speed-Round dish will be Creamy Pumpkin Soup, which she told us on her blog will feature Toasted Hazelnut Fricco. Fantastico! (One OR two c’s in Fricco is okay).

Good luck to Sugar Plum. Gosh, I hope all her dreams come true.

URS is on at 9 pm Eastern Daylight Time. I hope you’ve all changed your clocks by now.

7 comments:

Sheila said...

Its set to record! GO EM!!!!!

Unknown said...

When I first heard about the new season, I actually thought about Emily and checked to see if they might be showing a rerun of her first time, but this is WAY better. I love URS and will definitely be watching.

Emily said...

:)) You're the best.

Emily said...

:)) You're the best.

Anonymous said...

Darnit! I forgot to record that show . . . although I am not sure my husband could stand one more food related show on our DVR! I'll go check out her blog - thanks for sharing!

Heather Iacobacci-Miller said...

Can't wait to watch this episode. Have it DVR'd!

Sue said...

Sheila,
It was really hard to watch and tweet at the same time. Just like you said, I had to rewatch it a few times to get the full effect.

Hi Kitty,
I hope you enjoyed it, even if it didn’t go Em’s way.

No, Em, YOU ARE.

Okay, Em, keep talking. I don't mind hearing it again.

Don't worry, biz319, they seem to repeat that show all the time. I bet you'll be able to find it again.

Heather,
Get your tissues ready.