Friday, January 22, 2010

Cablevision Restores Food Network

Well, Cablevision and Scripps reached a settlement on Thursday and now beleaguered Cablevision customers in the Tri-State area have the Food Network and HGTV back. That’s great news, since they’ve been without those two channels since January 1st. We don’t know what agreement was reached, but it was good enough to allow Scripps to restore access to its programming.

Frankly, I would still be mighty po’ed if I were a Cablevision customer. I wonder if they’re issuing refunds for the loss of those two stations for almost a month. Hamilton Township, NJ Mayor John Bencivengo thought they should do something of the kind.

I won’t hold my breathe that a refund (or an apology) from Cablevision is on its way, but I’m glad that my fellow Food Network fans have their network back…and how they lived without House Hunters all this time, I’ll never know.

No comments: