I was mad that they started Top Chef Las Vegas on the SAME night as the finale of Top Chef Masters. I needed a break from all that worrying if my favorite chef was going to win. Plus in the beginning episodes, there are way too many folks to remember.
After one week this is what I know:
- These folks are real chefs. Thank goodness.
- There is one total loser (sorry, but it’s true), who looks like total hang dog - Eve.
- There are two brothers, one of whom looks exactly like Josh Lucas. Actually, they BOTH kinda do.
- There’s some guy, I can’t remember who…he says he’s gay. Whatever.
- There’s a Frennnssscchhh guy with a cartoon accent.
- There’s one gal with huge unsightly tattoos.
- Most can cook and, by the complexities of the dishes, I think this season will be far more interesting, culinarily speaking, than previous ones.
- The one to beat seems to be Jen, the chef de cuisine at 10 ARTS, owned by Eric Ripert.
- Jen should have won the $15,000 chip, but some guy did.
- The other thing I learned is that many of them like to drink A LOT, A WHOLE LOT.
By the way, I've been to 10ARTS. It's kind of weird, because it's in the lobby of the Ritz Carlton in Philadelphia.
It DOES have the most beautiful bathroom, though (off the lobby):
I don't remember liking the food that much, but it looks okay here:
After two weeks, this is what I know:
- There are 3(?) gay chefs - one man and two women.
- One of them, Ashley, is pissed off that they have to cater for a bachelor/bachelorette party. She thinks because SHE can’t get married that it’s wrong to make them cater that type of event. (THAT makes no sense. Of course, she should be mad about the issue of gay marriage, but cooking for a bachelor party isn’t exactly the same as cooking for the Ku Klux Klan, so I don’t really get her.)
- Also after week 2, these appear to be the top chefs so far - the two brothers, Jen and bearded Kevin.
- Eve got sent home. It's really better for her. She was NOT coming off well.
- Oh, and it looked (again) like Jen should have won the $15,000 chip, but one of the brothers did.