Monday, April 27, 2009

Sisterhood Is Powerful


The wonderful Rachel from The Essential Rhubarb Pie gave me a Sisterhood Award a bit ago. How great, because I do think of her as a Sister Blogger. We started blogging less than two weeks apart and somehow, and luckily for me, we found each other. I take these things very seriously, so it took me some time to think about who I wanted to pass it on to.

I have some pretty great bloggers on this list, with some newish and some oldish blogs. Each blogger lets us into her cooking and real life in a way that’s interesting and often encouraging and inspiring. That's true for Rachel too!

The award is for our blogging sisters who show great attitude/gratitude.

The Rules for the recipient:
1. Put the logo on your blog or post.
2. Nominate up to 10 blogs which show great attitude and/or gratitude
3. Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.
4. Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog, or sending them an email.
5. Remember to link to the person from whom you received your award.

These are my choices for The Sisterhood Award:

Believe me when I tell you that Michelle is a darling gal and gives wonderful reports on lots of NY eateries on Taste As You Go. I love hearing what she has to say as she goes to lots of different fun events with her young (to me) friends. She never holds back if she’s disappointed, but she’s not overly snarky either. (I guess I’m trying to learn from her.) She has some lovely recipes, as well.

Bakerella is an inspired baker and a fantastic blogger. She went WILD with Easter treats, including many varieties of Easter lollypops. The sheep ones are the cutest things I’ve ever seen outside of real sheep. She did a series of riveting blog posts on visiting the the Pioneer Woman , which showed such admiration and, yes, sisterhood that she’s a natural for this award. I love that during a problem with her doughnut making, she wrote HELP in the flour.

Laurie’s blog, Dalla Mia Cucina, is a wonderful resource for original recipes. If we ARE what we eat, we also ARE what we cook. Laurie seems to be a really nice person from the way she writes about her recipes. Plus she must spend tons of time on her beautiful pictures, which make you want to jump right into the page and taste her food.

You can tell that Deeba Rajpal, Passionate About Baking, isn’t just passionate about baking. She’s passionate about blogging too. Her pictures, her baking projects and other cooking, as well, are imbued with an enthusiasm that she loves to share. She enjoys being part of the blogging community and I really enjoy her blog. You can find many of her pictures here too.

I love Catherine's blog, The Dish. She is a grand cook, contest-enterer and winner, and slightly kooky all-around fun blogger. Her pictures of hunky males compete with her food pix. I’m not sure which are more delicious.

Tracy is awesome. Maybe it’s her Rock ‘n Roll experience that equips her for success in cooking contests, but she seems to know how to put dishes together and make what people want. Her stage presence probably doesn’t hurt. She’s also a very caring mom and friend, which comes across beautifully in her blog, Rah Cha Chow.

10 comments:

Michelle Rittler said...

Thank you, Sue, both for the award and for the kind words. I've had so much fun writing Taste As You Go so far and have gotten the opportunity to meet some very fascinating people along the way -- including you!

It's interesting that you say that I'm "not overly snarky," even when I'm disappointed. I'm having some hang-ups about a product review that I want to write but don't want to publish because, to me, it sounds so overly negative. Perhaps I should shake things up on the blog and publish it so people know that I really can be disappointed in something. ;-)

Laurie said...

Wow Sue.. I'm honored for your recognition of Dalla MIa Cucina. :)Thank you so much for the award!! You are a doll and I hope us bloggers can always count on you for such wonderful musings about our favorite shows on the Food Network! Ciao and hugs..xoxo
Laurie

Tracy said...

I'm honored, thanks! When I started blogging I never realized that making friends, like you, would be one of the best parts of the experience.

Sue said...

My pleasure, Michelle. :-)

What I like about your negative reviews is that they're not personal and they even seem to be written with a bit of regret. Also when you're with your buddies, you seem to squeeze every bit of fun out of the occasion, even if the food stinks!

I have gone to plenty of restaurants that were either blah or bad and I didn't write about them because I didn't think they were worth it.

Sue said...

Laurie,
You're so welcome. Have fun passing it on.

Sue said...

Ahhh, Tracy, I feel the same way!

The Short (dis)Order Cook said...

Thanks for your kind words! I have to tell you that not only is your award deserved, but I love your new profile pic, Hot Mama.

Sue said...

Hi Rach,
You're welcome and thank YOU! I held off for a bit, but I figured after 2 years, I'd unveil myself...a bit.

Deeba PAB said...

I am & humbled that you thought of me for the award Sue. Sorry I'm a little late...got caught with the kids school project! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for tha award, & for your shout-out.Your words mean a LOT to me. You have a wonderful blog, & yes, Sisterhood is Powerful!! Take care & much love...

Sue said...

Hi Deeba,
You're welcome! You have such an excellent blog and your giving spirit comes through in every post.