Sunday, July 15, 2012

Sticky Chicken My Way

I was listening to XM radio the other day and the Oprah channel had a group of chefs on with her (from an old show). Because it was the radio, I couldn’t SEE what they doing, but I heard them talking about healthy meals for the family with Tyler, Cat (oy, what problems!) and Curtis. Curtis mentioned some quick recipes that he likes and one of them was Sticky Chicken Drumsticks. I’ve heard him talk about those before.

This is my version. I didn’t use drumsticks and I didn’t use Chinese Barbecue Sauce, although I would have been happy to if I’d had some.  Also my recipe gives you some sauce in the baking dish to use on rice, which is never a bad thing.



Sticky Chicken (serves 4)
adapted from Curtis Stone’s Sticky Chicken Drumsticks
Printable recipe here.

1/4 cup honey
1/8 cup hoisin sauce
1/8 cup soy sauce
1 thick slice of ginger
1 tsp. sesame oil
2 tsps. sesame seeds
1 package (anything under 2 lbs.) boneless chicken thighs or breasts 

For garnish: chopped scallions and 1 tsp. sesame seeds

Preheat oven to 400°F.

Mix together 1st six ingredients in a large bowl. Add the chicken and mix it around well. Cover and marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes or overnight, turning at least once.

Place chicken in Pam-ed baking dish, nice side up, scrapping all the marinade on top of the chicken. Bake boneless thighs for 20 minutes; boneless chicken breasts for about 15 minutes. Place under the broiler for about 2 minutes, to get a good color.

Sprinkle with chopped scallions and a teaspoon of sesame seeds before serving with rice. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks like a great easy recipe, Sue, thanks for sharing it!

Sue said...

Thanks, Tom. It's pretty yummy.

Aly ~ Cooking in Stilettos said...

I need to make this - oh that looks SOO good :)

Sue said...

Aly,
Please be my guest! Let me know how it is...