Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving To One And All!


To all my blog readers and buddies -

Have the most wonderful Thanksgiving!

As you’re cooking and cooking and cooking

or helping someone else cook and cook and cook,

enjoy every second –

all the brouhaha leading up to the meal;

the tasting and plating and serving and EATING

and all the time spent together.

So what if a lot of it is wrapping up

and cleaning up

and straightening up!

Sometimes it’s those moments

when you can

interrogate children more effectively

or bond with a mother-in-law

or get to know the special person in your kid’s life.


Cook lots, eat lots

and I’ll raise one glass (at least) to you,

my blogging friends ,

with this toast…

Happy Thanksgiving and…

for goodness sake,

as SOON as your turkey comes out of the oven,

turn it upside down.

You’ll thank me, I promise.

4 comments:

Sheila said...

Right back at ya!

Emily said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING! I hope you have a great day with your family and friends.

My dad won't turn the turkey upside down.

DebCarol said...

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving Sue and the same to all who visit here in FN musings! Had dinner at my brother's this year and NO upside down turkey there either.

Tom said...

I tried to get my sister-in-law to turn the turkeys upside down, but no luck. However, they were still delicious, and she stuffed both of them. She also made a beautiful side dish of kale and white beans. Delicious!