Monday, April 13, 2009

Aaron Makes Burgers Inside Out With Love

I love the idea of the Inside Out Burger that Aaron did on the Today Show this morning. I’m just not sure I liked the execution.

Aaron’s been off my radar for awhile, but I was happy enough to see him. He begins his presentation with, “It’s all about the love first.” I know it’s his stock line, but making hamburgers on morning television really doesn’t lend itself to spiritual one-liners, for me anyway.

He puts a number of ingredients in the meat itself – Worcestershire sauce, shallots, salt and pepper. Then because folks were having a problem with the fillings falling out - I DO understand that problem - he came up with this idea. He takes an uncooked burger and tops it with any number of fillings and then presses another uncooked burger on top. He grills it for 2 minutes on each side and then puts it in an oven for 4 to 6 minutes at

350°F.

Great idea, but what if you don’t want to eat two burgers squashed together to make one giant one? I would have preferred two skinny ones with the fillings in between and cooked for half the time.

Apparently he made this burger on his FN show. It would have great to see the reviews of the recipe, but there’s a glitch on the Food Network website…or maybe they just didn’t want us to see them.

6 comments:

Emily said...

I agree! Two smaller patties sounds good to me.

When will the NFNS be on? I can't wait to see my friend Bob again.

DebCarol said...

Agree also. Eating two full size burgers with filling would knock me out. And Em - hang in there till June!

Thistlemoon said...

That is a great idea for a stuffed burger, but like you I would have preferred thinner burgers.

Lynn said...

It was really an "outside in" burger.

Anonymous said...

Cut the burger in half. Have you thought of that? I thought it was brilliant.

Sue said...

Em,
Great minds...

Can you wait until June 7th to see your buddy?

Hi DC,
I'm so glad that wasn't just me.

Hey Jenn,
I'm getting hungry. Maybe 2 burgers WOULD hit the spot.

Lynn,
Wait, I have to think about that for a minute...You're right, but I guess Aaron thought Inside Out was more catchy.

Anon,
And what exactly am I supposed to do with the other half?