Saturday, October 27, 2007

A Friend To The Rescue

Well, in my hour of need, I should have known that I could count on A, my longtime adored friend and companion on many Parisian sojourns. She has agreed, on her next visit state-side, to lug a jar or two of my beloved Maille mustard. I have warned her to PACK it and not carry it, but, experienced traveler that she is, she needed no such advice.

The best part is that it will be soon...in just a few short weeks. The rendezvous between my mustard and me will take place at Thanksgiving. It will be wonderful to see A again, don't get me wrong, but soon...soon, I'll have the mustard that I've pined for. Its gorgeous yellow piquancy will be in my hands. I'll feel its power in that heavy crystalline jar. And I'll pull off the wrapping and put my nose close and inhale its heady, spicy scent...

I guess at the end of the day:



Do yourself a favor and take a little break and watch this. Dionne and Stevie, Luther and Whitney...it just doesn't get any better. Love you, A.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ma tres chere Sue!
.... as you can imagine, I just LOVED that last entry in your blog! - and I will not only bring you lots of MAILLE MOUTARDE, but anything else you desire - just send me your shopping list!

Looking forward every morning to read your latest musings - my day wouldn't be the same without them!

love you too - A

Sue said...

That's a dangerous thing to offer me, A, because you know I'll take you up on it. No, just having my mustard...and you...is way more than enough.

And, boy, are you lucky I let Stevie Wonder sing to you, instead of me.

Sue said...

Oops, I did it again, actually at the same time: here's what Emilie (sugarplumsweets.blogspot.com) said until I pressed REJECT instead of PUBLISH:

I saw that mustard advertised in Cooking Light, and I thought of you. It seems familiar to me, but I never really noticed it, until you posted.
Now I want some.

Sue said...

Em,

Is it weird if I reply to a comment that I posted myself AS YOU? Too bad, I am!

Good French mustard is like good French...fill in the blank...Once you try it, you can't go back...or words to that effect.