Friday, September 28, 2007

The World's Most Expensive Desserts: Now, WHY Would I Be Interested?

My friend A, sent me this slideshow, The 10 Most Expensive Desserts In The World.* I guess my reputation among my friends and family, particularly H(usband), is that I like food much more when it's really expensive. Just because I took him to the (almost) most expensive restaurant on the planet (and it wasn't really very good) doesn't mean I feel that way.

I have to admit there WAS a time when I did think the most expensive item on the menu was going to be the best. And forget about going to a Prix Fixe dinner or lunch with me. I ALWAYS ordered the stuff that had the supplement, so a 30 dollar set price meal somehow was never less than 70. Was it MY fault they charged extra for all the good stuff?

Anyway, look at these desserts. They're pretty awesome. Are they worth the price? Of course not. Would it be great to have one just to be able to talk about it for the rest of your life? Absolutely. And having a good story to tell IS worth quite a lot...

* Click on the link, and then move the slideshow along with the arrows on the top right of the page.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Edible gold?! Do they really eat the leaves?! Holy cow.

Emily said...

Do you have a favorite? I actually kind of like the first one. (10)
I just don't know if I could bring myself to pay that much. Maybe for the $48 desserts. Can you imagine paying that much for a truffle? It would be gone within a matter of a minute or two.

Sue said...

Hi Lori,
Yeah, I would rather put gold on my finger than eat it.

Hi Em,
Actually, my favorite is one of the (relatively) cheaper ones. It's number nine, a Valrhona chocolate sphere. That looks so awesome.

Fruity said...

If I have to count my money, I don't think I'll pay for it. There's a value in those food and it's inflated to me...
Fruity

Sue said...

Hi Fruity,

Sometimes, I think it's worth blowing a little moola on VERY special occasions.