Sunday, July 29, 2007

HOME in LA

D(aughter) took us to a charming outdoor (and indoor) restaurant called Home on 1760 Hillhurst Avenue in Los Feliz, where we met up with a dear old friend. We DID have to wait 45 minutes for a table on the patio, but it was okay, because we had a lot of catching up to do. It was very relaxed and comfortable sitting at wooden tables in a large outdoor area.


The menu is vast and could suit any appetite. We started with a plate of hummus and pita. Nice. My hummus isn't usually thick enough to serve with a scoop, but I liked it.

Others had a Chicken Caesar Salad,
a Goat Cheese Salad,
a Chicken Pomodoro Sandwich,

and I had a Grilled Veggie Wrap with my fav - onion rings.

I am so delighted that most people eschew the lowly onion ring because of high fat fears. That means more for me and, wow, were they good! Hot, crispy, greasy - but not overly so, salty - but not overly so, large and crunchy. An EXCELLENT rendition. Plus D got to take half my veggie wrap home.

The food was hardy, tasty, appealing to any palate and just kind of like...OMG...kind of like HOME. I get it now.

But my most favorite part of the restaurant was the doggie resting on the steps, THAT really made it feel like home.


No comments: